Southern California Genealogical Society Research Teams are highly qualified
volunteers who conduct specialized research for you for a nominal fee.
Our resources include our librarys extensive collection of over 40,000
books, thousands of microforms and CDs, and a host of up-to-date electronic
Here To Order Research Assistance: Cost for members is $15/hr and
You will be delivered to the Shopping Cart, where you will choose Hourly
Research, then Check-out. You will then have an opportunity to "Add Comments
About Your Order".
Provide the Full Name of Person, Location of Event & Details of the Information
desired. INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION (email, telephone, address).
Specialties of Our Society: California
& Los Angeles County Research
In our own geographic area, we can offer clients information on the vital areas
of birth, death and marriage, plus newspaper obituaries. We also have extensive
records of people coming to the California Gold Rush, their names being on ship
records, overland wagon train lists, and the newspapers of the day. SCGS also
produced an 1852 census for the new State of California.
Additional areas of research include:
United States Research
- Our collection has materials for almost every county in the United States.
This makes our library, and its research team, well positioned to conduct studies
on your ancestors as they migrated to and around this country.
- Revolutionary War Ancestors - if your ancestor was born before 1765 there
is a strong possibility that he served in the Revolutionary War.
- American Colonial Wars - Thousands of Americans from Maine to South Carolina
fought in the many Colonial Wars from the Pequot War in 1637 to the French
& Indian Wars ending in 1762.
- Massachusetts Town Records – Vital Records listing births, marriages
& deaths have been compiled for most of the towns of Massachusetts up to
1850. SCGS has over 200 of these town records.
- California Gold Rush - Our records include the names of peoples coming overland
and by ship; many names were recorded in the newspapers of the day. In
addition to the 1850 and 1860 U.S. Censuses, we have the California Census
- Los Angeles County Records searches – births, marriages, deaths in
Los Angeles County and California; newspaper obituaries.
- Personalized research - we are prepared to help you knock down those block
walls. Tell us about your research puzzles and we will attempt to help
you solve them.
- Cornish Records Search
- SCGS has one of the great collections of Cornish ancestry records, many
of which go back to the 1500s. These records include the celebrated Ross Collection
of births, marriages, deaths and other official records of Government and Church
in Cornwall. A search can also be made of the Cornish miners of California
and Michigan and other areas where Cornish people were involved.
- French-Canadian Research
- We are the home of the French-Canadian Heritage Society of California and
one of the largest collections of French-Canadian resources in the USA. Our
researchers will search the Blue and Red Drouin, Jette, Tanguay, PRDH, and
the marriage records of the 1000 parishes, and the many other FC resources
we have to help you document your ancestry.
- Germanic Research
- We have one of the largest and most unique collections of Germanic sources
in the country, including the 30-year collection of Walter Hilbig of Heritage
Quest and the FHL in Salt Lake and that of the former German Genealogical Society
of America now owned by SCGS. Our 3,000+ books, CD's, databases and manuscripts,
plus experienced researchers, can help you with names, brick walls, and villages
from Alsace-Lorraine to East Prussia and beyond with sources ancient and brand-new.