The Jamboree mobile app is available for the following operating systems: iOS (iPad, iPad mini, iTouch, iPhone); Android; BlackBerry; Windows; in fact, all web-enabled phones.
Laptop and desktop users can also make use of the app. The app is truly valuable for everyone attending Jamboree.
It's a source of pride that Jamboree launched the first of genealogical conference app even before iPads and other tablets were widely used. We have watched the explosive growth of smartphones and tablets and are excited that so many more conference attendees will be able to use the 2014 Jamboree App. The updated 2014 version, again developed by Core-Apps LLC, offers the following features designed to improve the Jamboree experience for attendees, exhibitors and speakers.
Plan your weekend at Jamboree.
- Preview all of the classes by reading the descriptions.
- Browse day by day, or do a search by topic or experience level.
- Download the dozens of syllabus articles available through the app and print them for use.
- Look up your favorite speakers and review the sessions they are teaching.
- Select your sessions and add them to your own personal schedule to keep organized.
- Explore the exhibit hall from the comfort of your couch long before the doors open.
- Do you have questions for speakers or exhibitors? Ask them in advance.
- Create your profile so others know you're attending
- Connect with your friends and send messages.
- Share your class schedule if you'd like others to know where to find you.
- Receive breaking news texts from the Jamboree staff about schedule changes, etc.
- Sync the app across multiple devices.
- Twitter users, send and read tweets from within the app.
- Keep up with the Jamboree blog.
- Provide your feedback on speaker sessions directly from the app.
- Exhibitors and speakers receive a free "Green" listing.
- In addition to contact information, display your logo and add PDFs for download.
- Add your application forms, flyers, resume or list of services, or other document.
- For additional exposure, purchase a banner / landing ad. Link directly to a website or special offer.
Members of the genealogical community can take advantage of the app. We are issuing an invitation for members of our community to be listed as a "virtual exhibitor" in the Jamboree app at a nominal charge. For only $50, you can add a contact listing, logo and downloads for your book, society, professional genealogical service, or other business. For complete information, download the information brochure and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Thank you to Tom Underhill for the beautiful graphics!
If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or send an email to email@example.com.