The app isn't yet ready for
download. We'll let you know
when it is available.
Available for iPhone, iPad,
and all web-enabled
Even if you
have a laptop, you can
access the app content
through your web browser.
Click to read
Click to email the Jamboree Committee. Learn ways
to participate in the Jamboree App, whether you're with us in Burbank
or are a thousand miles away.
Jamboree - App Version 2013
In 2011, Jamboree made genealogy conference history when it introduced the first mobile app for a family history conference. Since then, NGS and RootsTech followed suit and also used Core-Apps, the vendor that has worked with Jamboree since the very beginning.
It's a source of pride that we started the practice of conference apps even before iPads and other tablets were widely used.
We have watched the explosive growth of smartphones and tablets and are excited that so many more conference attendees will be able to use the 2013 Jamboree App.
The app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and any other smartphone that has web-enabled browser capability.
In addition to keeping the attendees informed, the Jamboree App also provides genealogy-related businesses and organizations an opportunity to reach an eager audience. Genealogists from around the globe are able to access information contained on the Jamboree app.
Businesses are invited to take advantage of the exposure to help publicize your business for a nominal fee.
* Onsite exhibitors and speakers receive a free "green" listing (contact information, your logo, and downloadable marketing documents.)
Core-Apps will be in touch with you directly to provide you with a portal where you can upload your logo and PDF materials.
* If you can't attend Jamboree in person, our "Virtual Exhibitor" program provides the opportunity to purchase a green listing for just $50.
* Professional genealogists - post your resume, specialties, examples of your reports, or other marketing information online.
* Authors - link to online purchase for your book
Societies and libraries - post your application forms, link to your online catalog, publications for sale, or research team contact information.
* Other types of advertising are available for purchase, including banner ad / landing page (a graphic image with your name rotates with all other advertisers. Click on the graphic and you are taken to a full-screen image with a special offer, a larger logo, etc.,; multimedia, including videos or advertising spots; and text alerts (limited to three per day for all advertisers). Costs for all of these packages can be found on the Pricing Sheet.
* The App Order Form can be downloaded here. The deadline for
App ads is May 24
* Download a trifold that explains the benefits of the App
Information Included in the App
You will find the app content to be useful before and after Jamboree, as well as during the conference. In fact, the app will be available for use at any time within the next 12 months. The information available on the app is extensive and valuable.
- Logo or other artwork
- Contact Information, including links to email and external website
- Booth Number
- Description of products and services
- Categories (e.g. online data provider, professional genealogist, genealogical society)
- PDF uploads of marketing materials, applications, resume, etc.
- Contact Information
- Links to session descriptions
- One-touch click to add to schedule
SOCIAL MEDIA and SHARING
- Read tweets with #scgs2013 hashtag
- Send tweets from within the app
- Read blog feeds
- Posts and view photos
- Create your profile
- Link with your friends
- Title of Presentation
- Description of Presentation
- Date, Time, Duration
- Room Number
- Speaker Name
- Link to Speaker page
- One-touch click to add session to App calendar or your primary device calendar
- Capability to record session notes
- Session feedback ratings
- Facility Map
- Exhibit Hall Floor Plan
- Overflow Parking Map
- High-Tech Hallway
The app will be online in late May.
Jamboree - A Tech Step Ahead
We hope that you will be blown away by the coolness of this app and hope that you will help share the word throughout the genealogy community. We will be constantly revising and updating the information before, during and after Jamboree. If you think of any information that you would like to see added to the app, please let us know. We want to make this the most valuable conference tool possible.
A Huge Thank You . . .
. . . goes to Ancestry.com for their vision and continued support of the Southern California Genealogical Society by funding the development of the Jamboree App.
About the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree
The 44th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree will be held at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on Friday through Sunday, June 7th to 9th, 2013. A pre-event, "Family History and DNA: Genetic Genealogy in 2013" will be held on Thursday, June 6.
Jamboree is one of the most popular genealogical events in the United States. The conference features nearly 150 lecture classes; 70+ commercial vendors, societies and heritage groups and other organizations in the exhibit floor; and several special events and opportunities to socialize and relax. Free sessions will be held for beginning genealogists, genealogical society leaders, and a special free three-hour session on the National Archives, conducted by John Colletta, PhD, FUGA. John kindly stepped in when the team from NARA-Riverside was hit by the sequestration.
Jamboree is produced by the Southern California Genealogical Society, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is managed wholly by volunteer members. The Society operates a 40,000 volume genealogical library at 417 Irving Drive in Burbank. More information can be found at www.scgsgenealogy.com.